TABLE OF PARTNERS
Click a link below to get more information on our committees, helpful links, and regional initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Table of Partners
The Table of Partners is constituted of the Committee Chairs, local Government, Health Authorities, First Nations, Educational Institutions and a small number of members at large who preserve the collective knowledge of the Network and work done to date.
The Table of Partners:
1. Provide leadership and oversight for the MWHN committees and forums
2. Serve as the liaison mechanism between the MWHN, and organizations that have responsibility for health-related services and activities including, but not limited to, Island Health, First Nations Health Authority, the Regional Hospital District of Mount Waddington, local government, First Nations, provincial and federal ministries, and other public service agencies and organizations
3. Maintain Network focus – continually keep focused on the 12 key determinants of health
4. Regularly consider the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission related to community and personal health (Recommendations 18-22), and to the United Nations Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous People as related to health (Articles 21, 22, 23 and 24) in determining priorities and partnerships.
5. Make change - by continually assessing the health needs of our communities and residents
6. Be adaptable - by continually assessing our mandate and the changing needs of our communities
7. Approve the annual budget as proposed by the executive, extraordinary expenses and annual financial reports
8. Evaluate the annual strategic goals and objectives of the MWHN and, if necessary, amend