SENIORS & ELDERS BETTER LIVING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Click a link below to get more information on our committees, helpful links, and regional initiatives.
Vision, Mission, and Values of the SEBLAC Committee:
Healthy, happy, aging and easy access to care
Connect seniors to community and care
Inclusion, socialization, and respect
Goals of the 2020 – 2022 SEBLAC Committee:
Short Term Goals:
1. Increase participation at SEBLAC to include First Nations Elders and more community seniors’ groups.
2. Work with SEBLAC to best understand and implement a governance strategy that works for the SEBLAC participants and in accordance with the goals of the MWHN
3. Create a regional communication strategy to spread information on health services, care options, housing, transportation, socialization options and more
Medium Term Goals:
1. Work with communities on their “seniors aging-in-place” plans.
2. Make sure each community has a well-defined path of communication around care (a “communication tree”)
Long Term Goals:
1. Increase group safety of seniors in the region
2. Support aging-in-place
3. Have SEBLAC function as the regional senior’s communication