MOUNT WADDINGTON HEALTH NETWORK
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
PROJECT: Update to the 2012 Addiction and Recovery Services Plan for the Regional District of Mount Waddington, with strategic recommendations for 2020-2025
ORGANIZATION: Mount Waddington Health Network
ADDRESS: PO Box 709 Port McNeill, B.C. V0N 2P0
CONTACT: Angela Smith, Coordinator
Pat Corbett-Labbatt, Co- Chair
PHONE: Please email the coordinator to schedule a call
BACKGROUND - ORGANIZATIONAL
The Mount Waddington Health Network (MWHN) is Vancouver Island’s oldest health network. We are funded by Island Health to engage with the community to improve the health status of Mount Waddington resident by advocating for better programs and services, strengthening the health capacity of local communities, and influencing public policy. Please visit www.mwhn.ca for more information.
In 2012 the MWHN worked with a broad cross-section of regional government, First Nations, health agencies and stakeholders to create an Addictions and Recovery Services Plan for the region. This plan is now in need of an update to reflect the changes in addiction and recovery services in the region, and based on input from regional stakeholders, it has been deemed time to develop a five-year addictions and recovery services plan and strategy for proposed implementation from 2020 through 2025.
BACKGROUND – RFP NEEDS
The MWHN is seeking to engage in a contract with a communications professional or health professional with planning and writing experience to assess the current status of the 2012 Addictions and Recovery Services Plan. The successful proponent will engage with the parties affiliated with the 2012 plan to determine the state of addiction and recovery services in the region and suggest elements for an updated plan to improve the region’s addiction and recovery services through the next five years.
The successful proponent will include a proposed methodology for gathering information associated with the project, and a timeline for implementation.
BACKGROUND - PROJECT
Please review the 2012 Addictions and Services Recovery Strategy, available here or online at www.mwhn.ca
PROJECT GOALS AND SCOPE OF SERVICES*
*including but not limited to:
The MWHN and its partners are looking to:
· Review the 2012 Addiction and Recovery Services Plan.
· Document the outcomes of the 2012 strategy items, including the subsequent related work that occurred as a result of the plan, 2012 through to 2019.
· Communicate with organizations who are working on Addiction and Recovery services within the region and organizations whose jurisdiction covers the region.
The selected proponent will have active support of the following:
· Mt Waddington Health Coordinator and Table of partners
· Stakeholders engaged in the initial 2012 Addiction and Recovery Services Plan
ELEMETS OF THE PROPOSAL
The following are considered deliverables of the project. In formulating the plan, the MWHN is open to the suggestions and best practice recommendations of the contractor.
· A summary of the outcomes of the 2012 plan
· A status report on the service levels and impacts of current addiction and recovery services in the RDWM
· Action recommendations based on available information
· Increased connections with organizations working regionally and provincially in addiction and recovery services
· Considerations for the integration of community needs into the strategy, including but not limited to: youth, seniors, First Nations, social and low-income housing, and sub-sets of our community facing addictions challenges
· Recommendations for integration of other plans currently underway in the region, including housing, transportation, managed alcohol programs, and children and youth services.
· The update will show consideration of the National and Provincial frameworks in place for Addictions, Substance Abuse and Recovery.
TIME AND PLACE OF SUMBISSION OF PROPOSALS
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20th, 2019
Selection of successful proposal: November 30th, 2019
The 2020 Addictions and Recovery Services Plan is due to the MWHN within a timeline of approximately 7 months, for a completion date of July 31, 2020.
ELEMENTS OF PROPOSAL
Include a brief description indicating methodology, expectations, relevant experience and expected timelines.
EVALUATION OF CRITERIA
Proponents with the following will be given additional considers:
· Experience in writing strategy & plans
· Experience in health, housing or social sectors
· Experience in public administration
· A history of successful grant applications
· A history of facilitating collaborative partnerships
· Local knowledge and/or residency in the RDWM
· The proponent will represent an impartial 3rd party voice capable of communicating with all stakeholders in an unbiased manner
The initial proposal should be in the magnitude of $26,000